Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian

In unit three of the Forbidden Books course, we focused on diversity in different books. We each had to pick between the books: The Color Purple, Fahrenheit 451, and The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian. The book that I decided to read was The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian. I chose this book because I read Fahrenheit 451 a couple years ago and I had seen and heard great things about The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian for months. For this Action Project, we had to write an analytical essay about our books using one of the four prompts that we were given. The prompt that I choose was: How does one character in your novel transform and make peace with diversity? I chose this topic because throughout the entire book, the protagonist, Junior, has to battle with not being excepted and trying to diversify his surroundings. One of the major challenges I faced while writing this paper was figuring out good transitions into each paragraph. I wanted to keep the reader interested but not give the whole story away at the same time. Another thing I struggled with was picking quotes to use as evidence. There were so many that I could choose from that it was difficult to pick only five of them. One of my achievements during this project was being able to get a good introductory paragraph and a good conclusion paragraph. I am very happy with the way my project turned out.


MF. Photography. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian cover (2015) 




No comments:

Post a Comment