Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2017

The Year 2117

In the last unit of the senior humanities course “Equality” we talked a lot about race, gender, and class. We looked into a lot of different aspects of each of these things including feminism, poverty, etc. For the action project we were tasked with completing a few things. We had to choose one topic to create different pieces of writing for. I chose to create my AP around race. We had to write an Op-ed piece, a newspaper article, a government document, and design a toy. It was difficult to come up with a couple of the pieces but I am very proud of the way my action project turned out. Check out my time capsule down below.
______________________________________________________________

First Black Woman President Is Voted Into Office
Written by: MF

Today in the United States, history has officially been made. Everyone recalls back in 2008 when Barack Obama won the election and made history as the first male black president the United States had ever seen. Since then there have been a couple other male black presidents but never an African American woman, now this has officially been changed. Suzanna Thomas has officially been named the next president of the United States.

Born in Albany, New York, Thomas always knew that she wanted to be involved in politics. From being the president of student council in elementary school to becoming her senior class president, Thomas has already done so much for her community. She started to political journey back in 2109 when she became the mayor of new york city. Since then she has done many things to better the city of new york. When the great trash dump of 2110 happened, she was right there picking up trash and finding a solution.

Sam Johnson, the outgoing president of the U.S., speaks very highly of Thomas. He says that “She is completely qualified if not over qualified. I have complete faith in her and I guarantee that the country will benefit with her as our president.” Johnson and Thomas have had many meetings and Johnson has openly campaigned for Thomas.

With only a few months until she takes office, Thomas has vowed to spend her time on trying to change opposing voters minds about her. “I just want to show them that I was the right decision. I want them to see that I will be doing everything in my power to make America work for everyone rather than just the rich.” Voters like Henry Irwin were a bit hesitant to vote Thomas into office. In a street side interview with Irwin, he stated that he “doesn’t want America to fall into so much debt like it did with President Donald Trump and President Hillary Clinton. I just want to have enough money to be able to pay for my family. I don't want to have to start paying unnecessary bills and taxes again. I just want to be able to provide for my family.”

Thomas says she is up for the challenge and ready to go head on for the next four years. She will take office in January along with her husband and 3 children. This will be an interesting 4 years, all of America is hoping that Thomas can stick true to her promises and make America equal again.
_______________________________________________________

35th Amendment to the US Constitution:

It shall be unlawful to prevent women from getting an abortion. They no longer need any consent from a man. If a woman is raped or just does not wish to have a child, it is unlawful to try to prevent her from doing what she has a right to do.
________________________________________________________
Dear Editor,

I am thrilled that Suzanna Thomas has been elected president. As a black woman growing up in New York I always looked up to her and wanted to someday be like her. I was just barely old enough to vote i the primary and I am so thrilled that I got to be a part of this monumental moment in our country. I think that Thomas will stick true to her promises unlike the likes of Donald Trump and Hillary. I learned a lot about these terrible 8 years in history class. After Hillary won the election over Trump, many people had high hopes for her. They thought she would stick to her promises about helping the lower class instead of catering to the upper class like Trump did. They were extremely upset when they realized she was just like him. My grandma told me stories that her mother told her about Trumps reign. She told me that a lot of her friends at her high school started disappearing, either because of getting deported or they ran to get away from Trump's immigration law. She thought Clinton would do everything in her power to right the wrongs that Trump committed but unfortunately she just fed the fire of terror. There was so much pain in those 4 years, she never thought we would get out of it.

Now there is a light at the end of the tunnel with Suzanna. I just know that she will right all of these wrongs from the past years. She is someone who I have always idolized and who I want to try to be like when I get older. I am also very interested in politics and I have dreamed of one day being the president of the united states later in my life. I went to as many of her rallies and speeches as I could on the campaign trail. Everyone enjoyed having her as the mayor of New York, I know that everyone will love having her as the president. All of the people who are skeptical just need to give her a chance and I promise they will have a change of heart.

Sincerely,

Mandy Moore
________________________________________________________

Introducing the newest addition to the Barbie ™ family:

Suzanna Thomas: The Current President of the United States!
MF. 2017.

Suzanna comes with a lot of incredible features. She is able to talk and says many things including her campaign slogan “Make America Equal Again” White House, alternate outfits sold separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment