Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Loving v Virginia

In the last unit of the Policy class, we focused on the Judicial branch of the government. We looked into what makes up that section of our U.S. government and how someone gets appointed to that position. This wrapped up the policy aspect of this class because we ties it all together with the people that decide the fate of people that disobey the laws. They are the ones who are able to explain the laws. For the last action project of my junior year we were asked to research a supreme court case and look at the verdict and create an opinion on it. I decided to chose the Loving v. Virginia case which debated interracial marriage. I decided this because once I read about this case I was very interested because I think it holds a lot of ties to things that are going on in the U.S. right now with LGBT laws and things like that.  It was challenging to pick a case in the beginning since there have been so many but I am happy I chose the Loving v. Virginia case. I am very proud of the way my project came out. I found a lot of good information on my case and I was able to put together a thoughtful argument.


No comments:

Post a Comment