Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Bridge of Truss

In the first unit of the Urban Planning class, we learned about the math components that go into building different things that we can see around our city. We focused on triangles for a while which led us to talking about truss bridges which use a lot of triangles. We learned about the law of sines, the law of cosines, similar and congruent triangles, etc. For the action project in the first unit we were asked to build our own truss bridge out of 50 popsicle sticks and glue. Our bridges had to be sturdy enough to withstand 10 lbs. of weight. It was very difficult to connect the top and bottom popsicle sticks because of the little amount of surface we had to set them on. I am very proud of the way my bridge came out. I really like my design and I think that I made it aesthetically pleasing.



No comments:

Post a Comment